I have written before about Joe Vitale’s and Hew Len’s book, Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More. (if you missed these posts please see Psychologist Cures the Criminally Insane with Hoʻoponopono and Ho’oponopono & Tapping for Healing & Energy Clearing). Like many of you, I spent a number of years listening to materials about the Law of Attraction. Certainly there is truth in the idea that cultivating a more positive vibration in your body and mind can help attract a more positive experience of life. But, probably, also like many of you, there are circumstances and events in my life over which I seem to have no control.
From my experience it seems that there is a higher power than my human mind, an intelligence far beyond the scope of the mind, that is orchestrating the unfolding of my life. This intelligence isn’t separate from my mind, it is in truth what I am, but the mind arises from it, and seems to operate best when it is in service to it. At a certain point I dedicated my life to this intelligence, this Truth, this Love, and put aside thoughts of the Law of Attraction. I could see that on a certain level it did operate, but on another level something greater was at play. I couldn’t reconcile these two realities very well, so just did not try to. When I read Zero Limits, I found several pages which Joe Vitale wrote that quite clearly, at least to my mind, showed the relationship between these seemingly opposing views of reality. I would like to quote from pages 192 and 193 of Zero Limits. If you have found that the Law of Attraction is just not quite a complete explanation of the intricacies of your life, maybe Joe Vitale’s view of stages of awakening will be of help.
“…by saying ‘I love you” and the other statements (I’m sorry, Please forgive me, I love you, Thank you), I’ve been led to a deeper awareness, what some might call an awakening, maybe even enlightenment itself. I came to understand there are at least three stages to this awakening, and they’re almost a map of life’s spiritual journey. They are:
- You’re a victim. We are virtually all born feeling we are powerless. Most of us stay that way. We think the world is out to get us: the government, the neighbors, the society, the bad guys in whatever form they seem to take. We don’t feel we have any influence. We’re the effect of the rest of the world’s cause. We gripe, complain, protest, and gather in groups to fight those in charge of us. Except for a party now and then, life, in general, sucks.
- You’re in control. At some point you see a life-changing movie, like The Secret, or you read a book, such as The Attraction Factor or The Magic of Believing, and you wake up to your own power. You realize the power of setting intentions. You realize the power you have to visualize what you want, take action, and achieve it. You begin to experience some magic. You start to experience some cool results. Life, in general, begins to look pretty good.
- You’re awakening. At some point after stage two, you begin to realize your intentions are limitations. You begin to see that with all your new found power, you’re still not able to control everything. You begin to realize that when you surrender to a greater power, miracles tend to happen. You begin to let go and trust. You begin to practice, moment by moment, awareness of your connection with the Divine. You begin to recognize inspiration when it comes to you, and you act on it. You realize you have choice, but not control of your life. You realize the greatest thing you can do is agree to each moment. In this stage, miracles happen, and they constantly astonish you as they do. You live, in general, in a constant state of amazement, wonder and gratitude. ” (Joe Vitale, Zero Limits, pages 192-193)
I found this simple outline of stages of growth very much in tune with my experience. I was delighted to see that someone, whom many closely associate with the law of attraction, was moving beyond those ideas, not because they are wrong, but because life is just more complex than we first realized. I applaud his discovery, and hope many of his followers will have the same experiences.
We need miracles in this world. We have enormous problems to solve if we are to continue as a species. We need to allow the Divine to inspire us, to stop and surrender to what is, letting go of resistance (which naturally creates a more positive vibration in your being). And waiting, if only for a moment, and allowing the Divinity that we are to inspire the next action.
Are you ready to live fully in each moment, not knowing what the next moment will be, but open to the Divine inspiration that is your deepest source of manifestation?
To explore these ideas further I recommend:
- Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More – The book by Joe Vitale and Ihaleakala Hew Len.
- Zero Limits Seminar. Joe Vitale And Dr. Hew Len Present Worlds First Zero Limits Seminar On Audios And Transcripts Based On Actual Live Event.
- Zero Limits Live From Maui DVDs. Let Dr. Joe Vitale And Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len Teach You How To Get To The Incredibile & Euphoric State Of ‘Zero’ – (this Is Where You Clear Yourself Of Past Limitations And Open Yourself Up To A World Filled With Unlimited Possibilities).
“I’m sorry, Please forgive me, I love you, Thank you.”
I look forward to your thoughts and comments!
Be sure to Subscribe to this blog either by RSS or Email via the forms on the top right column of the page.